Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bulgaria: Dream House

I landed. I was jet lagged. I needed inspiration and some food!

First I encountered this...


Looking a little more closely....


I never pass up an opportunity to make a wish (even on an egg!)...especially when one can wish for health and happiness...wherever one is in the world.

With a little luck (and some help from Happy Cow), I found the Dream House right there in downtown Sofia. Behind the white plastic door...just like they said.


A place where "We Freely Speak Our Dreams."

I wanted one of everything on the menu, but I eventually decided on this:


Mint and lemon iced tea and Aubergine "Cous-co." So tasty!

Loved the menu - quote and all - "Eating is a necessity; eating intelligently - an art."

Art, dreams, wishes...thank you Bulgaria. Lovely to finally meet you.

4 comments:

The Robertsons of Mumbai said...

That food sounds goooood! Wow - what a great find, and impressed that you found it with jet lag! WIsh I was there with you!

Brittany Petros said...

Cool egg!

Girl on Raw said...

Wow you found a veggie place in Bulgaria of all places! My husband when to Bulgaria 2 years ago on a salsa dancing trip and he brought me home a wooden egg. What is the story behind the eggs do you know?

Travel Raw said...

Hi Girl on Raw, Yeah, I was lucky to find this place! I showed it to one of my non-veg colleagues and he went there 4 times in 3 days! That is how good it was. Good question on the egg. Not sure. Will check into it. Thanks for the comment and always good to hear from you. Hope all is well!